Community Center After-School Programs
Registration begins Monday, July 25, 2016.
Live, learn and grow! After-School programs are available at an exceptional value at all community centers for children in grades K(5) – 5th. Rec’s professional and highly trained staff provide quality programming in a safe, structured environment. Students will learn life skills such as flexibility, initiative, social skills, productivity, and leadership. Snack, homework time, educational speakers, sports, games, and crafts are just a few of the activities offered. Limited pick-up from local schools is available at most locations.
Teen Leadership After-School Program
To REGISTER for a Community Center’s After-School Program:
- Download the registration form and waiver.
- Take the completed forms to the after-school program facility of your choice:
Slater Elementary School
Brutontown Community Center
Sterling Community Center
Freetown Community Center
Mt. Pleasant Community Center
Staunton Bridge Community Center
OR Greenville Rec’s Main Office: 4806 Old Spartanburg Road, Taylors, SC 29687
Registrations are accepted throughout the school year.
- A Limited amount of scholarships are available. Contact Lawanda Curry at 864-676-2180 ext. 121 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more details
- Limited transportation is available from select schools. Contact staff at your center of choice for details.
- Parent handbooks are available on each individual center’s web page. (Available July 25)
- Each program has a partnership with the following agencies (and many more):
- Department of Social Services (DSS) – CACFP (Child and Adult Care Food Program) provides state funding for a daily snack for students in the after-school programs.
- BOOST (Building Opportunities in Out of School Time) – an initiative of United Way that certifies after-school programs on the ten quality elements. Click to learn more about BOOST
- LiveWell Greenville – a network of organizations partnering to ensure access to healthy eating and active living for every Greenville County resident.
- Greenville County School District Calendar 2016-2017
Spring Break Camp at the Community Centers
Need a break? Join the fun for spring break at one of your local community centers. There will be games, arts-n-crafts, sports and much, MUCH more! Come join the FUN!
Dates: April 10 – 14, 2017
More details to be released January 2017.
Offered at: Brutontown, Staunton Bridge, Mt. Pleasant, Sterling & Freetown Community Centers
Times: 7:30am to 6:00pm
Contact Lawanda Curry at email@example.com for more information or contact the center using the links above.