Swimming & FlowRider Lessons
Discovery Island offers both swimming and FlowRider lessons during the summer. . Contact Jill Brookey at 864-676-2180 ext. 161 or at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or to schedule your lessons today. .
Session Dates: .
Session 1: June 10 to June 20
Session 2: June 24 to July 4
Session 3: July 8 to July 18
Session 4: July 22 to August 1
Session 5: August 5 to August 15 .
Cost: $56 ($70 out of county)
- 8 – 40 minute lessons .
- A minimum of 4 students are required to hold a class .
- Classes are set up where there is 1 instructor per every 6 students .
Swim Lesson Curriculum
. Level 1: Ideal for the beginning swimmer who has never been exposed to water. .
- Assisted front float .
- Assisted back float .
- Face submersion (Bubble blowing) .
- Basic water safety .
- Assisted exit from pool .
Level 2: Geared for the swimmer with a general water comfort level, must have taken Level 1 or equivalent to enroll in this class. .
- Front float .
- Back float .
- Front and Back flutter kick .
- Front and Back float to streamline .
- Retrieve objects from bottom .
Level 3: Perfect for that swimmer who is ready to explore the water on their own, must have taken Level 2 or equivalent to enroll in this class. .
- Roll front to back and back to front .
- Overarm crawl .
- Rotary breathing .
- Back crawl .
Session 1: June 24 to July 4
Session 2: July 22 to August 1
Cost: $56.00 ($70.00 out of county)
Cost Includes: .
- 8 – 40 Minute Lessons
- A minimum of 6 students are required to hold a class.
All FlowRider lesson participants must sign waiver and bring it to Discovery Island. Waivers are available on site. Minors must have a parent or guardian signature. If minors are bringing the waiver without their parent or guardian present, they must bring proof of identity. (Picture ID) . Click Here to download waiver. . .
Private Lessons .
- Stand up and body boarding
- $75.00 per hour
Contact Matt Whirley at email@example.com or (864) 963-4345 for more information. .