Find Your Space in Our Community
Gardening is about much more than simply growing your own food — it’s about getting outside, exercising, socializing, and teaching children (and reminding ourselves) where food comes from. It gives you a chance to connect with nature, and is a lifelong hobby that is both therapeutic and productive. Getting delicious fruits and vegetables is just a nice bonus. Greenville County Rec offers you your very own garden available at The Pavilion and East Riverside Park for only $50 per bed annually.
Professional, friendly assistance is provided by Rec staff. Contact Aerin if you have any questions. [email protected]
What’s it Like to Be a Member?
A one-year, renewable garden membership costs $50 per bed and comes with:
- A garden bed made of treated lumber that measures 4 ft x 8 ft x 12 in., which is large enough to grow a variety of vegetables and herbs for year-round harvest. Beds are filled with an ideal mix of compost and topsoil.
- Community water, hoses, and nozzles
- Monthly newsletter of timely gardening information
- Periodic gardening education classes (free for members)
- Regular garden visits by the program coordinator
- FREE Sustainable Gardening Classes. Upcoming classes:
A membership year is from April 1 to March 31.
For more information, read our complete Community Garden Guidelines.
Community Garden Locations:
Want a Garden Closer to You?
If our current community garden locations aren’t near you, let us know! We’re gathering information to help us choose future garden sites, which will be selected based on community interest and available land. Just fill out the form below, and we’ll take your suggestions into consideration.