Fishing is allowed on Wednesdays and Saturdays.
A fisheries management plan was implemented in 2014. The fish population has stabilized allowing for the lake to open to fishing on Wednesdays and Saturdays. Catch and release fishing is encouraged. The lake is stocked with bass, bream and catfish.
The .8 mile road around the lake is heavily used by walkers, joggers, bikers, and families, but is not a designated pedestrian trail. It is a public road, please use caution.
To keep the lake and surrounding neighborhoods clean and free from trash, we have installed South Carolina’s first ever WATERGOAT. Check out the video to learn more and help keep Oak Grove Lake beautiful.
- Park open from sunrise to sunset.
- No alcoholic beverages allowed.
- Dog’s must be kept on a 6 foot leash.
- Fishing on Wednesdays and Saturdays only.
- A valid SC Fishing license required for anyone 16 or older.
- Fishing limits are 5 fish (largemouth must be minimum of 12 inches in length). Catch and release is encouraged.
- Snagging of fish by any device is not allowed.
- No minnows allowed for bait.
- Only electric trolling motors allowed. All boats must meet U.S. Coast Guard requirements for operation and equipment.
- No hunting or camping allowed.
- No brandishing or discharging of firearms.
- No swimming allowed.
- No street-side parking.
- Parking in parking lots only.
- Please refrain from feeding waterfowl.
- Owners are responsible for cleaning up after their pets.